Updated on November 22, 2020
This policy applies to your use of the 3DGROUND services. By "3DGROUND services" we mean any of our website or other products or services that are linked to this policy. Additional terms may also apply to your relationship with 3DGROUND, depending on how you choose to interact with us. Please read this policy completely to fully understand it. You should also carefully read and confirm other terms that potentially apply to your visit and use of certain 3DGROUND services and confirm that you understand and agree with them before using the 3DGROUND services.
The 3DGROUND division bears responsible for providing you with 3DGROUND services and controls the information collected in accordance with this policy.
1. You voluntarily provide us with information, that is, you subscribe to receive e-mail notifications.
2. We automatically collect information about your use of the 3DGROUND services, for example, through cookies or third parties, such as social networks, may provide information to us.
3. When using software products (hereinafter referred to as software), such as "Script", "Plugin" and the like, the license agreement of which implies the use of a special generated key (hereinafter the license key), we collect public and open information (such as the name of the computer, mac address, serial number hdd) in the Autodesk 3Ds Max environment in which the 3DGROUND software is launched, in order to prevent fraud, speculation and control the correct use of license keys, according to the general rule: "One license key can be used on a maximum of two computers (meaning Work and Home computers) ".
Each of these methods is described in more detail below.
Some of the more common examples of situations in which you can provide information to us include:
- Making a deal with us.
- Subscribing to email notifications or subscribing to receive other information from us.
- Filling out a questionnaire or feedback form.
- Contacting us for any reason, such as by email, including for technical support or customer service.
The specific types of information you can provide to us will often differ depending on the 3DGROUND services and services you use and how you interact with them.
We will also collect information if you choose to share it with us directly in any other way, including by sending it as part of a message to 3DGROUND.
Please note that if certain features of the 3DGROUND services are provided by third parties, those third parties may also use automated data collection tools and may record information about your use of 3DGROUND services or other websites over time. These features are governed by third party notices and privacy policies.
- Technical information about your computer, device, hardware or software that you use to access the Internet or our services, such as IP address or other transactional or identification information for your device (for example, device brand and model, information device operating systems and browsers, or other device or system specifications).
- Usage information and statistics about your interactions with the 3DGROUND services, which may include the URLs of our websites you have visited, URLs -directions of referral and exit pages, page views, time spent on page, number of clicks, platform type, usage statistics.
- The location of your device, for example, can be obtained from the IP address of your device.
We typically collect information from other parties in three ways:
1. You interact with 3DGROUND using a service that is not under our control, such as a social network.
2. You decide to use the social function of the 3DGROUND service.
3. You access 3DGROUND services through another party, such as a mobile device operator.
In some cases, we cannot control the amount or type of information that other parties, such as social media, provide us with. In such cases, we only use the data that we need to provide the types of services that we believe our users want and expect. While we have no control over your privacy settings on those websites or how other parties protect your privacy, once we receive information about you through these websites, we will process it in accordance with this policy.
When you interact with 3DGROUND on a website or application not controlled by 3DGROUND, that website or application may allow 3DGROUND to access certain information about you. For example, social networks may provide us with information from your profile about their services or other information that you have agreed that a social network or another party may provide to us.
When you decide to use some of the social functions of the 3DGROUND service, you authorize 3DGROUND to receive information about you from third parties (for example, from social networks). Our social features facilitate interaction between users.
If you choose to use one of our social features, you may be asked to sign in to the social network. The social network can then provide 3DGROUND with information such as your social user ID, your profile picture, and your contacts' user IDs and profile pictures.
We may also receive information about you from organizations that sell our products. These parties may provide us with your account or registration information, but do not provide us with your billing information. Because these organizations determine what information they collect from you, it may vary depending on their services, but will likely include details such as your display name and user ID for those services, as well as device and region information. Generally, we use and share the information we collect (individually or in combination with other information collected as described in this policy) to help us provide, improve, customize, analyze and sell 3DGROUND services where we have appropriate reason for this.
We retain personal information for as long as we reasonably need it to achieve the purposes for which it was collected. For example, to ensure that you comply with all applicable terms and conditions governing your use of the 3DGROUND services, and maintain appropriate records to reflect the provision of 3DGROUND services to you. We periodically check the personal information we store to determine if it is advisable to keep it.
- To communicate with you, respond to your inquiries or provide you with updates and information
- To better understand our users and their preferences
- To personalize your experience, save preferences, authenticate our users, and present similar features for a better user experience
- To develop, provide and improve our products, services and other offerings, some of which may be offered in partnership with other parties
- For security
- For internal purposes such as auditing and data analysis
- Provide services that are governed by the terms you have accepted, such as enforcing our licenses, agreements and terms of service, which may include reasonable monitoring to detect and prevent misuse or fraud, and otherwise protect and defend the 3DGROUND services
- When you give consent, which you can revoke at any time
- To comply with legal obligations
We share personal information with the service providers we have engaged to support the 3DGROUND services by performing certain services on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions. Other common examples are partners who help with cloud storage, marketing 3DGROUND products and services via email, and monitoring and securing 3DGROUND services. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose personal information, except as necessary to provide services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
We may share the personal information we collect with 3DGROUND subsidiaries to support 3DGROUND services worldwide.
We may share certain limited information, such as device identifiers, with marketing partners for the purposes of running and optimizing campaigns and evaluating the effectiveness of advertising and other marketing strategies solely on behalf of 3DGROUND.
We may also disclose information about you: if we are required to do so by law, legal process, or upon reasonable request from law enforcement agencies or other government officials, if we believe that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity, or, where necessary, to protect the vital interests of another person (for example, to prevent death, personal injury, or serious damage to property). We reserve the right to transfer information about our users in the event of a sale or transfer of all or substantially all of our business or assets.
We may also request your prior consent to process your information in certain ways. You are not required to give consent if you do not want your personal information to be processed for the requested purposes, and you can revoke your consent at any time. Any revocation of consent is only valid for the future and will not affect the processing we have undertaken relying on your consent.
Other examples of your choice:
- You can browse our website without providing any personal information. We may collect some limited information automatically as described above.
- You can opt out of receiving our marketing communications at any time by using the opt-out mechanism provided in the message.
- You can change your privacy settings on other websites parties such as social networks, which will stop or limit our receiving information from these websites.
- You can change your browser settings or take other steps to block, manage or delete cookies. In some cases, blocking or disabling cookies may result in our website not working properly and some functions may not be available.
- You can also take advantage and change your choice by sending us an email, like described in the "How to contact us" section below.
We may also need to share your information in order to provide you with 3DGROUND services in accordance with our existing agreements with you, such as the Terms of Service.